DataHub® Non-Windows Operating System Options
Need to access OPC and DDE data in Linux? How about making real-time data from your embedded systems available to Windows based applications? The OPC DataHub makes this easy, by allowing you to connect directly to its Linux counterpart: the Cascade DataHub. Mirroring data between these two DataHub programs gives you complete and reliable data integration on each platform.
Why use the OPC DataHub to integrate data from Windows, Linux?
- Fully integrate data from OPC servers into your embedded Linux systems.
- Connect your embedded systems to multiple OPC servers to aggregate data into a common data set.
- Linux systems access data from the Cascade DataHub using simple API function calls.
- Mirroring network connections automatically detect and recover after a network break.
- Point-to-point bridging in the OPC DataHub helps you easily associate points in the OPC Server with points in your Linux applications.
- DataHub scripting allows you to modify data as it passes through the DataHub.
- The mirroring connection is fully bi-directional, so you can read and write data in either direction.
Other Operating Systems Connectivity
Any operating system that can open a TCP/IP connection, and through your application code, parse a name/value pair, can use the DataHub API’s to connect to the Cogent DataHub. For more details see the DataHub APIs or contact us to discuss your application.
Access Embedded Data
Cogent DataHub works with embedded devices
Cogent DataHub has been designed to make it easy for you to collect data from your embedded devices and use this data in many different ways.
Your embedded data on the web
Read data directly from your embedded systems and make it available in dynamic live web pages that can be viewed from anywhere. See DataHub WebView for more details.
Log your embedded data to a database
Archive data from your embedded systems to any ODBC compliant database. See ODBC Logging for more details.
Send Email notifications when your embedded data changes
Want to receive an email when something goes wrong, or would you like to see shift reports emailed to you at the end of each week? See Email/SMS Notification for more details.
More options for using your embedded data
- Integrate data from your embedded devices into control systems, so your embedded data becomes input data from larger controls applications.
- Make embedded data available on office and management networks, in programs like Excel and MySQL databases.
- View your embedded data in the DataHub QuickTrend application to quickly and easily build real-time trend charts for system analysis.
- Network your embedded data over secure Internet connections to other DataHub users, anywhere in the world.